Monday, January 5, 2009

Holiday parties

We had an awesome Christmas!!! This is how it went:




December 23rd Party with the Low Family.

The kids had so much fun playing with their cousins. Santa came and picked up the coats each family brought to donate to someone in need. Opened presents, gotta love that, and of course the food was excellent!!

December 24th party with the Barlow Family in the day.

Again, the kids loved playing with their cousins. Santa came and brought each of the kids a gift. We read the Christmas story from the Bible while the kids dressed up and played their part. Lexi was an angel who ended wearing purple because that material had sparkleys in it. Tanner was a wise man who wasn't really feeling like participating. Then again, was another great lunch. And of course PRESENTS!!!

December 24th evening back at our house to have our own family party.

For the last few years this is what we have done. The kids each get to open a present from us and of course they are new PJ's(I know very original), and then there is one present for the family, a new Christmas book. We read the new story have hot chocolate and watch a Christmas show. This year we just found a show to watch on T.V. In the past we have watched a DVD on the birth of Christ, but our DVD player is broken. Then it is off to bed. Usually I'm up forever this night wrapping presents, but this year I didn't procrastinate.

December 25th

YEAAAH Santa came!!!


The kids had a great day!! We opened presents first thing in the morning. Then we have cinnamon rolls and play with our new toys the rest of the day. That is our Christmas day. I feel lucky to be able to spend the whole day with my family at home. All the Christmas parties are over, and I love how it all works out to be able to spend Christmas eve and Christmas day at home.

But that's not all. Then comes NEW YEARS!!

December 31th The last of the parties.



We went to a party out at my parents house this year. We had a lot of fun, especially Jeff. My brother owns Motor Sports Unleashed so he brought a few of his big boy toys, and the guys and a few girls had lots of fun playing in the snow. We had pizza, eat lots of goodies, and played games until we rang in the new year. The kids had lots of fun playing in the hot tub. Thanks Grandpa and uncle Ken for always being so willing to get in with them. We all had a great time!!!

HAPPY NEW YEAR EVERYONE!!!

5 comments:

Hayley said...

Michelle your family is just so darling!

"All you need is love" said...

great post! I like your Christmas Eve traditions, we'll have to try that next year.

Anonymous said...

I just found your blog through Matt and Amy's. Yay! I LOVE your family picture at the top. It is fun to see our neighbors blogs! I feel like we live so close, but don't get to know everyone. We are kind of reclusive I guess :>!

Ang

Emily T. said...

Looks like fun parties. I love that you guys stay home together on Christmas Day. Ours gets so crazy. Cute pictures.

Cordie said...

Wow you really did have a fun Christmas! Hopefully we are around this summer and we can hang out!