Monday, April 13, 2009

A little R & R

We decided to take a trip while Jeff was out of school for spring break. We wanted to go somewhere warm so we headed south to Las Vegas. The weather was perfect!!! Upper 70's and low 80's the whole time we were there. The kids were so excited to go stay at the condo and swim. It was a nice relaxing week because we left Nixon at Grandma Barlow's house. I was sad to leave him and I missed him a ton. But it was sure nice not to have to deal with naps, and constantly be pulling him away from the edge of the pool. Here are some highlights of our trip.


A DAY ON THE STRIP.

We spent one day on the strip. We went to the M&M and coke factory, and spent a ridiculous amount of money on some M&M's and a few swirly straws. We watched the fountains in front of the Bellagio. We had a yummy lunch at the Cheesecake Factory (I had never eaten there and I must saw I loved it).


PLAYING AT THE POOL.
We spent a majority of our time playing at the pool. Tanner loved it!!! He asked us if we could live there FOREVER. Lexi had fun too but would get tired of it after a hour or two. Tanner was swimming all over the pool, doing 360's and flips into the pool. Lexi was a lot more cautious she would play on this little landing that was ankle deep. She wouldn't let you take her out into the water. Even with a life jacket on she wouldn't go farther than the stairs. It felt so good to lay there in the warm sun.


THE BASS PRO SHOP.

The kids had a blast in this store. It is basically a huge sporting goods store. They have live size displays of almost everything in the wild such as: elk, bears, lions, giraffes and so one. The biggest hit was this huge aquarium. We had to go to this place twice because the kids wanted to go see the fish again.

We had a great week in Las Vegas. But I sure was excited to get back to my Nixon!!!

4 comments:

Emily T. said...

Don't ya wish you were still there laying by the pool? Looks like lots of fun times!

Erin said...

I'm glad you guys had a fun warm weekend. I love the pic of Tanner jumping in the pool. That is how Ellie likes to do it. BTW, Brian was in Sharing Time on Sunday and said he looked over at Ellie and Lexi and they were both sucking on their index finger - Sorry! I hope she doesn't pick up Ellie's bad habit.

The Polka Dot Apron said...

I've gotta say- I LOVE Vegas! Despite the nasty pictures everywhere (sorry, but who wants to look at butts?!) the weather is always great and there are really a ton of fun things to do. M&M and Coke World are the highlights for me. I am super jealous!

Darci said...

What a blast! Looks like you guys had a great time. Lexi was so cute when she came over. I was nervous that she wouldn't want to stay because she hadn't been to my house before, but she did great! She was quiet, but looked like she was having fun. We'll have to let the girls play more often!