Friday, April 9, 2010

Little Miss Lexi

This week Lexi got her ears pierced! She looks sooo adorable, and I'm so glad we did it because I can see it in her face how much she loves it.


This week Jeff has been out for spring break so the other day we all went out for lunch. While we were eating out of the blue Lexi tells us she wants to go get her ears pierced, and Jeff and I were like, okay. We went to the mall and Lexi sat right up in the chair, picked out which ear rings she wanted and then not to long after that it was done. Lexi was so brave. I could see she was very nervous right as they were getting ready to shoot the earring in and she was being so brave and trying to hold still. Unfortunately there was only one worker working right then so they weren't able to pierce both ears at the same time. She was a little restless for the second ear and cried just a little bit, but the worker got in there and got it done quick.

Lexi loves having her earrings, she reminds me each day to clean them, and to be careful while taking off her shirt. The first few days after she often told me how brave she was.

Lexi has really opened up this year. I think having her in preschool has helped a lot. She use to be extremely shy, and would not talk to anybody. Now if somebody talks to her or asks her a question she will respond. She has lots of friends at preschool, and when she tells me about her friends she will list off every girls name in her preschool class. She is also such a good helper. She will pick up her toys so good, and then usually all the toys the boys are suppose to be picking up. She loves to help me whenever she can. The other day she told me that Spencer (our neighbor) was her boyfriend and that they were going to get married. Oh no, is it starting already? We sure do love this girl so much!

3 comments:

Skye L. said...

She looks so grown up! I miss seeing you guys and the kids. Especially having Lexi in my sunbeam class. It was good to see you last week, hopefully we'll be back up in May and we can see your new house too!

Anonymous said...

Purple is a good color on her! She is such a doll...all grown up now! Hope all is well!

Anonymous said...

I remember when Reilly got hers pierced and how brave she was. So sweet! I can't believe Lexi is getting so big and such a beauty! We miss you guys over here, but hope you are loving your new neighborhood!