Saturday, November 8, 2008

Happy Halloween

The kids had a very fun Halloween this year. The day before Halloween I had my photoshop class so Jeff watched the kids, and they painted pumpkins. He took some really cute pictures of them here are just a few.




Jeff is an excellent babysitter. On the occasions that he does babysit, and I might add that those times a pretty rare, when I come home the kids are usually bathed and in bed.

On Halloween this year the kids were in their costumes all day. We started the day out by going to see Jeff at school during lunch time.



The school kids loved seeing the kids dressed up in their costumes. All the girls came in his classroom and oohed and aahed almost the whole time. It is so funny to watch middle school kids and the way they act. That is such an awkward age anyway.

After lunch with Jeff we met my friend Amanda and her girls at Lee's, and did their little trick-or-treating around the store. Then we came home and had several hours of down time. I really wished I could of got Lexi to take a nap, but she had all ready had to much candy and was on a sugar high.

I wanted to take some pictures of the kids in their costumes before we went out trick-or-treating, and this is where a nap would of been really nice for Lexi to have had because she wouldn't cooperate at all.

Tanner was pirate again this year. This was mostly because of me he wanted to be batman, but I didn't want to spend what I thought was a lot of money on a batman costume. When I saw this pirate costume I thought it was so cute, and it was half the price of the batman man costume. He was happy with the pirate costume.

Lexi was a princess butterfly. She looked soooo cute. The picture at Jeff's school is the best picture I have that shows her costume. I need to put her in her costume one morning and actually get a cute one of her. Anyway, this is the kind of picture I could get.

Nixon was our cuddly little chicken. I got several cute pictures of him.




As you can see Nixon didn't like it to much when I would put the hood on.

Yes, it is time to go trick-or-treating now!

I can't remember a Halloween when it has been warm. The weather was so nice. We went out around 6:30 and didn't get home until around 8:00, and the whole time I was in long sleeved shirt and never even had to put on my jacket. Last year I remember the kids wanting go home after about 20 minutes because it was so cold. It was a fun Halloween and we got a TON of CANDY.

3 comments:

Nate and Tasha said...

Your kids are so cute. I can't believe you have three. Is it craziness?! Your kids' costumes are adorable. My favorite is the little chicken costume - so sweet!
Looks like you are doing well. You look great!

my blog is: www.fischerfun.blogspot.com

Emily T. said...

What a great dad! Painting pumpkins solo with 3 kids. That's amazing. I love all their costumes.

Hayley said...

I saw your comment on Melissa's blog and popped over. I just had to comment that your family is just beautiful.